Confirmation Formation: Sunday, Jan 31st, 9:00-10:15am
Young Adult Ministry Home Brew: Monday, Jan 25th, 7:00pm via Zoom
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
St. Vincent de Paul hours: Monday, Jan 25th & Thursday, Jan 28th 9:00am - 11:00am
Would you like us to pray for you?
If you have a special prayer intention and would like to add it to the Prayer Chain, please call
Sharon Bumm at (270) 315-9375 or Vickie Osborne at (270) 314-8314
SAINT STEPHEN CATHEDRAL PRESCHOOL DIRECTOR POSITION
School Year - 2021-2022
Saint Stephen Cathedral Preschool is seeking a Full-Time Director starting the 2021-2022 School Year. We are seeking an individual who is energetic, organized, a problem solver and possesses great communication skills. The candidate needs to be passionate about early childhood education. This position is accountable to the Parish Pastor, Parish Business Manager, Parish Pastoral and Finance Committees and the Kentucky Cabinet for Human Resources. Prefer a bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education, Child Development, or related field, or Child Development Associate (CDA) with pre-school experience.
Submit resume and cover letter to: Eddy McFarland, Business Manager, Saint Stephen Cathedral Parish, 610 Locust Street, Owensboro, KY 42301 or email - Eddy.McFarland@pastoral.org
OUR LADY OF LOURDES PARISH - DAYCARE DIRECTOR
Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church is currently seeking a Full-Time Daycare Director
Prefer bachelor's degree or a minimum of five to seven years of teaching or daycare experience in an accredited setting.
* Expertise in both early childhood education and child development
* Manage financial aspects of the daycare
* Knowledge of principles and practices of personnel administration
* Demonstrates high personal integrity
* Demonstrates ability to effectively communicate with parents, teachers and children
* Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of job
* The ability to successfully complete a criminal history and background check
Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church is an equal opportunity employeer that provides a wide range of benefits. All interested applicants may submit a resume and cover letter to Diocese.HR@pastoral.org or Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church, 4029 Frederica St. Owensboro, KY 42301
Family Liturgy of the Word services for families with children. It has the Sunday readings in a children's version, and the text from the Lectionary, and slide shows and videos of children. The resourse is free but you can make a free offering at check out. Just go to https://pastoral.center/worship-at-home
GUIDELINES FOR THE LITURGY DURING THIS PANDEMIC
1. Bishop Medley has extended, until further notice, the dispensation from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass. Therefore, no one is required to attend Mass on Sunday or Saturday evening.
2. Those who are considered to be at risk and those who may feel uncomfortable attending a public Mass should worship from home. Parishes that are able will continue to live stream the Mass.
3. Since the obligation is dispensed, Catholics who would like to attend Mass are encouraged to consider going to Mass on a weekday in order to lessen the crowd on Sunday.
4. Six feet of physical distancing will need to be maintained between all of the faithful except for those who live in the same home.
5. Everyone over the age of 3 should wear a mask. If individuals are uncomfortable or children are not mature enough to wear a mask for the entire liturgy, they should worship from home.
6. The presider will wear a mask while in procession and during the distribution of Holy Communion. At all other times, he will maintain a distance of six feet from other ministers.
7. The sign of peace will either be omitted or will be given in a non-physical manner such as with a bow of the head.
8. Holding hands during the Our Father should be done only by those who live in the same home.
9. There will no communal singing
10. Cry rooms will be unavailable.
11. The collection basket will not be passed but will be kept in a stationary location.
12. Holy water fonts will remain empty.
13. At the conclusion of the Mass, people will depart by pews to avoid a bottleneck at the doors.
14. There should be no gatherings either before or after Mass.
15. Since Bishop Medley has extended the dispensation from the obligation to attend Mass on Sunday, there is no obligation to receive Holy Communion.
16. For those who choose to receive Holy Communion, six feet of distance must be maintained in the Communion procession.
17. The face mask should be worn while in procession and removed only long enough to receive Holy Communion.
18. The practice of the faithful receiving Communion on the tongue is suspended. Holy Communion will be given in the hand only.
19. The worship space and high traffic areas will be cleaned and sanitized after each Mass.
20. Hymnals and missalettes are removed from the pews.
21. Bathrooms are limited to one person at a time and will be cleaned after each Mass.
ONLINE GIVING - TITHES & OFFERINGS
We are excited to announce that we are now offering online giving. To set up electronic giving online, go to the Home page and click on the Donate link. E-Giving is simple, quick and secure and can provide a record of all your contributions that can be accessed online anytime. We hope you will give it a try!
The bulletin is the center of our parish communication, and we want to keep you informed. We are now offering to send you the parish bulletin directly to your email every week. It's a great way to stay connected anytime. If you are not currently receiving the bulletin via email each week, you can sign up by one of the methods below:
Self-signup: There are two ways for parishioners to self join:
b. Text the word "bulletin" to 94090 to receive a sign up link
We ask that you please notify the Parish Office at (270) 684-6888 any time there is a phone number or email address change. Thanks for your attention to this!
We would appreciate any updates that you might have on family members who are sick. We also ask that you notify us upon admission of a family member into any hospital or nursing home or if you have a family member who has recently passed away and would like to have it posted in the bulletin.
Call the Parish Office at (270) 684-6888
PRECIOUS BLOOD ST. VINCENT DE PAUL NEWS
If you purchase any of the Entenmanns Little Bites, we ask that you bring your empty packages and place them in the marked totes at the entrances of church. St. Vincent de Paul Society members will collect them and send them to raise funds for our Non-Profit Organization. Your assistance in this ongoing Fundraiser will be greatly appreciated.
Questions, please contact Jeanette Ebelhar at (270) 684-0932
THE MOUNT ST. JOSEPH GIFT SHOP
The Gift Shop is open from 10:30am - Noon and 2:15pm to 4:15pm Tuesdays and Thursdays, and 10:00am to Noon on Saturdays. You can reach the Gift Shop by calling (270) 229-4103 or email email@example.com
The Ursuline Sisters of Mount St. Joseph Gift Shop offers an array of one-of-a-kind handcrafted items, some of which are made by the Ursuline Sisters, while also offering a wide array of gift ideas for any occasion. Greeting cards, books and various religious items await your visit. The Ursuline Sisters, and friends, make various one-of-a-kind embroidery pieces, quilts, scarves, hats and shawls that make beautiful gifts. If you need a gift for someone taking that important step into the next sacrament, welcoming a new baby, or just commemorating an important day, the gift shop has many options to choose from. New Mount St. Joseph T-shirts and fleece jackets are great mementos to take home after a visit. Traditional and specialty rosaries, as well.